[ovirt-users] Using Virtio-SCSI passthough on SCSI - Devices

Sven Kieske S.Kieske at mittwald.de
Fri Apr 25 13:43:18 UTC 2014

Am 25.04.2014 15:40, schrieb Daniel Helgenberger:
> Hello,
>
> does anyone have an idea on how to accomplish this? In my particular
> setup, I need a FC tape drive passed though to the vm.
> Note, passing throuh FC - LUNs works flawlessly.
>
> If I understood Virtio -SCSI correctly, this should be possible from
> libvirt's part.

I don't know how much of this is implemented, so a dev
must step in, but it is designed at least, maybe it already works.

take a look yourself at:

http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Virtio-SCSI#Adding_a_DirectLUN_Disk_.28lun_passthrough.29

HTH

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen