[ovirt-users] REST-API connection limit / SSL read timeout?

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Mon Apr 28 16:07:35 UTC 2014

On 04/28/2014 02:01 PM, René Koch wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I use Perl (LWP::UserAgent, HTTP:::Request) to connect to oVirt REST-API
> and fetch data with my Nagios plugin. 2 users complained now that my
> plugin stops working for their monitoring user (IPA backend).
>
> It worked fine with their monitoring at ipa user a few weeks and suddenly
> it stopped working. If using another user (another IPA user or
> admin at internal) it's fine.

There isn't any explicit per user limit in the RESTAPI: all users are
created equal from the RESTAPI point of view.

However, there are differences from the backend point of view, specially
from @internal users and any other users. The main difference is that
login of a user from a domain other than @internal requires a request to
the LDAP server, which requires a connection and a network round-trip.
There may be issues with that, specially if the LDAP server is slow. If
a request to the LDAP server blocks, the backend will block waiting for
the response, the RESTAPI will block waiting for the backend, and
finally the webserver will block waiting for the application server
response.

I would suggest to analyze the backend logs looking for errors related
to connections to the LDAP servers.

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain