[ovirt-users] Pass through for serial port

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Tue Apr 29 10:14:33 UTC 2014

Hello Neil,

AFAIK there is know such thing out of the box right know. I have an
ongoing question right know concerting pretty much the same thing (pass
through of a scsi device).

I think you should have a look at the 'hostusb' vdsm hook. It will need
a little bit of rewriting of course (I have no time to do this right
know myself...)

Cheers,

On Di, 2014-04-29 at 11:53 +0200, Neil wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> We are running Ovirt 3.2.2 and would like to assign or allocate the
> serial port of one of the processing hosts through to a guest, I'm
> assuming that we'd need to disable migration to achieve this to ensure
> the port mapping never changes, but how do we achieve this pass
> through?
>
> Is it possible to do this?
>
> We have googled around for possible solutions but haven't found one yet.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards.
>
> Neil Wilson.

Daniel Helgenberger
m box bewegtbild GmbH

P: +49/30/2408781-22
F: +49/30/2408781-10

ACKERSTR. 19
D-10115 BERLIN

www.m-box.de  www.monkeymen.tv

Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767