[ovirt-users] IP forwarding... Cannot access guest IP

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Tue Apr 29 23:01:53 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 05:11:57PM -0400, richard.seguin at marisec.ca wrote:
> All of the other hypervisors that I am reading about allows for promiscuous mode to be turned on at the host level...  Do we have anything like that?

Would you confirm that once you have set macspoof=true, libvirt's domxml
for the relevant VM has lost its <filterref> element? (virsh -r dumpxml
would verify that)

This should allow you to ping out of the Xen guest outside of the KVM
host. If it doesn't, we'd have to debug this to understand what drops
your packets.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "promiscuous mode". What VMWare
calls promiscuous mode is not unlike oVirt's port mirroring, but I'm not
convinced that this is what you are looking for.

Dan.