[ovirt-users] [QE][ACTION REQUIRED] oVirt 3.5.0 RC2 status (postponed)
sbonazzo at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 04:07:59 EDT 2014
since we have still too many blockers for oVirt 3.5.0 RC2 release,
we need to postpone it again to Mon *2014-08-18 08:00 UTC*
- Please be sure that 3.5 snapshot allow to create VMs before *2014-08-17 15:00 UTC*
- Please be sure that no pending patches are going to block the release before *2014-08-17 15:00 UTC*
- If any patch must block the RC release please raise the issue as soon as possible.
The bug tracker  shows the following proposed blockers to be reviewed:
Whiteboard Bug ID Status Summary
infra 1114499 ASSIGNED refreshing iso list fails with: AttributeError: '_IOProcessFileUtils' object has no attribute...
Infra 1127623 POST [AAA] Create user API fails in REST & Java - class cast exception
infra 1127877 ASSIGNED vdsm-tool configure --force does not configure qemu.conf properly in the first run on a fresh install
storage 1109920 POST Live Merge: Extend internal block volumes during merge
storage 1127294 POST Live Merge: Resolve unknown merge status in vdsm after host crash
storage 1128776 NEW Can't change a vm disk's storage domain from a file domain to a block domain when creating a template...
storage 1129261 NEW prepareImage api call fails with [Errno 2] No such file or directory
virt 1127460 NEW VM abnormal stop after extending when using thin provisioning on block storage
And the following dependencies still open:
Bug 1041569 - [NFR] libvirt: Returning the watermark for all the images opened for writing
Bug 1102881 - virDomainBlockCommit fails with live snapshots on oVirt block storage
Some of above blockers may be dropped on today oVirt sync meeting.
Feature freeze is now effective, and branch has been created.
All new patches must be backported to 3.5 branch too.
Features completed are marked in green on Features Status Table 
There are still 427 bugs  targeted to 3.5.0.
Excluding node and documentation bugs we still have 384 bugs  targeted to 3.5.0.
More in detail :
Whiteboard NEW ASSIGNED POST Total
<unassigned> 7 . . 7
gluster 8 4 1 13
i18n . . 1 1
Infra . . 1 1
infra 16 3 6 25
integration 36 . 7 43
network 25 1 12 38
node 21 7 4 32
ppc 2 . 4 6
sla 29 1 16 46
storage 78 8 6 92
storage/virt 1 . . 1
ux 21 2 4 27
virt 79 8 8 95
Total 323 34 70 427
Maintainers / Assignee:
- Please ensure that completed features are marked in green on Features Status Table 
- Please remember to rebuild your packages before *2014-08-17 15:00* if needed, otherwise nightly snapshot will be taken.
- If you find a blocker bug please remember to add it to the tracker 
- Please fill release notes, the page has been created here 
- Please review and add test cases to oVirt 3.5 Third Test Day 
- Please update the target to 3.5.1 or later for bugs that won't be in 3.5.0:
it will ease gathering the blocking bugs for next releases.
- save the date for third test day scheduled on 2014-08-21!
- You're welcome to join us testing next beta release and getting involved in oVirt Quality Assurance
Better technology. Faster innovation. Powered by community collaboration.
See how it works at redhat.com
More information about the Users