[ovirt-users] [QE][ACTION REQUIRED] oVirt 3.5.0 RC2 status
sbonazzo at redhat.com
Wed Aug 27 03:33:58 EDT 2014
last week we refreshed oVirt 3.5.0 repository so major changes (and minor) can be tested by community at-large.
We're going to start composing oVirt 3.5.0 RC2 on *2014-09-03 08:00 UTC* from 3.5 branch.
- Please be sure that 3.5 snapshot satisfy release criteria before *2014-09-02 15:00 UTC*
- Please be sure that no pending patches are going to block the release before *2014-09-02 15:00 UTC*
- If any patch must block the RC release please raise the issue as soon as possible.
The bug tracker  shows the following proposed blockers to be reviewed:
Bug ID Whiteboard Status Summary
1127877 infra POST vdsm-tool configure --force does not configure qemu.conf properly in the first run on a fresh install
1127294 storage POST Live Merge: Resolve unknown merge status in vdsm after host crash
1109920 storage POST Live Merge: Extend internal block volumes during merge
And the following dependencies still open:
Bug 1041569 - [NFR] libvirt: Returning the watermark for all the images opened for writing
Bug 1102881 - virDomainBlockCommit fails with live snapshots on oVirt block storage
Feature freeze is now effective, and branch has been created.
All new patches must be backported to 3.5 branch too.
Features completed are marked in green on Features Status Table 
There are still 361 bugs  targeted to 3.5.0.
Excluding node and documentation bugs we still have 318 bugs  targeted to 3.5.0.
More in detail :
Whiteboard NEW ASSIGNED POST Total
<unassigned> 7 . . 7
gluster 9 4 2 15
i18n . . 1 1
infra 18 3 14 35
integration 23 . 3 26
network 10 1 13 24
node 23 5 7 35
ppc 2 . 4 6
sla 35 1 16 52
storage 80 10 12 102
ux 20 2 . 22
virt 20 3 13 36
Total 247 29 85 361
Maintainers / Assignee:
- Please ensure that completed features are marked in green on Features Status Table 
- Please remember to rebuild your packages before *2014-09-02 15:00 UTC*, otherwise nightly
snapshot will be taken.
- If you find a blocker bug please remember to add it to the tracker 
- Please fill release notes, the page has been created here 
- Please review and add test cases to oVirt 3.5 Third Test Day 
- Please update the target to 3.5.1 or later for bugs that won't be in 3.5.0:
it will ease gathering the blocking bugs for next releases.
- Due to the RC2 delay, the 3rd test day has been postponed to 2014-09-10.
- You're welcome to join us testing next release candidate and getting involved in oVirt Quality Assurance
Better technology. Faster innovation. Powered by community collaboration.
See how it works at redhat.com
More information about the Users