[ovirt-users] Moving a POSIX storage domain to be a Local Storage

Elad Shmitanka elad at myheritage.com
Wed Aug 27 03:50:31 EDT 2014

Hi,

In the initial setup I wasn't aware of the option to assign a local disk as
Local Storage and we have added it as a POSIX complaint Storage Domain, now
that we want to add a new KVM host, it needs to attach the storage domain
to the new host, which it obviously can't.
My question is, how do I remove the Storage domain and add it back as a
Local storage without harming the VMs that are already on the system
(obviously some downtime will be needed)
I guess that I can add another Storage Domain and start moving them to a
"temp location" and then back, question is if there is another quicker way.

Thanks

--

Elad Shmitanka
DevOps Engineer

Mobile: *+972-52-2259939*  |  *elad at myheritage.com <elad at myheritage.com>*
Tel: *+972-3-6280000 Ext. 105* |  www.myheritage.com
U.S.A Number: 17183608065 Ext. 2

MyHeritage Ltd., 3 Ariel Sharon St., Terminal Park, Or Yehuda 60250, Israel

<http://www.myheritage.com/>   <http://blog.myheritage.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/myheritage> <https://twitter.com/myheritage>