[ovirt-users] Network Question

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Fri Aug 1 10:14:49 UTC 2014

On 08/01/2014 02:51 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 01, 2014 at 09:43:07AM +0800, Punit Dambiwal wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Is there any update on this ??
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 9:08 AM, Punit Dambiwal <hypunit at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Antoni,
>>>
>>> But all the bricks and gluster in the another subnet...I am using the
>>> Compute and gluster storage combined on the same host....
>>>
>>> Ovirtmgmt :- 43.25.76.0/24
>>> Gluster Storage :-  10.10.10.0/24
> Did you try to follow Sahina's advice?
>
> qemu-to-gluster communication goes on top the IP that you mount.
> However, without hacks, inter-gluster communication uses FQDN of hosts,
> which most commonly resolves to the management network.

 From the output of your "gluster volume info" , it looks like you have
used IP address (43.25...) to peer probe the hosts? If you add the host
from oVirt, for gluster to be able to use separate network for
glusterd-glusterd communication, you will need to use FQDN while adding
the host, and workaround as mentioned in
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2014-February/020894.html