[ovirt-users] Live merge still scheduled for 3.5?

Greg Padgett gpadgett at redhat.com
Fri Aug 1 21:16:49 UTC 2014

On 08/01/2014 03:23 PM, Adam Litke wrote:
> On 01/08/14 10:35 +0100, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 12:58:08PM -0400, Bob Doolittle wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This feature page:
>>> http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Live_Merge
>>> Says the Live merge feature is targeting 3.5 (and has not been updated since
>>> April).
>>>
>>> But this 3.5 tracking spreadsheet:
>>> http://bit.ly/17qBn6F
>>> linked from this page:
>>> https://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.5_release-management
>>> makes no mention of it.
>>>
>>> So, is Live merge still slated for 3.5 and looking good for release?
>>
>> Yes, thought more work is needed:
>>     Bug 1124970 - Merge upstream live merge fixes into 3.5 branch
>>
>>> Or should the feature page be updated?
>>>
>>> It will be nice to be able to delete a snapshot while the VM is running,
>>> particularly since snapshot deletion takes soooo looong. :)
>>
>> Adam, could you update the documentation?
>
> Greg, could you please take a pass at the feature page to update from
> an engine perspective as well?  There have been a lot of changes since
> my initial April writeup.

Adam - Sure, I added some details about the engine changes to the page.

Bob - As Adam said, the project is still a work-in-progress but the bulk
of the changes are in.  I checked out the link you sent and found the
project at (currently) line 56 of the "3.5 planning" tab.  It's colored
green, so don't worry. :)

Best,
Greg