[ovirt-users] Kernel panic for live images

Jaco bakgatnet at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 21:50:58 UTC 2014

update:
It seems that there's a bug in the implementation of UNetBootIn and/or
liveusb-creator that's causing identical kernel panics to what I'm
experiencing.

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=6865#c20214

(I'm in the process of migrating off Ubuntu/Debian/.deb for my
desktop/infrastructure to RPM's - oVirt being a crucial 1st step)
Initially I suspected fault RAM (since it;s the only aspect of kernel
panics I can actually do something about without chucking out my whole
box), but new RAM & a new host makes no difference.

The resolution seems to be to do it by hand - dd.

Will try this & report back.

- J