[ovirt-users] Can keys be set up for engine-iso-uploader and engine-img-uploader?

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Mon Aug 4 06:05:47 UTC 2014

Il 01/08/2014 21:37, Dwight Schauer ha scritto:
> Hello Ovirt users,
>
> Is there a way for automated processes outside of Ovirt to use
> engine-iso-uploader and engine-img-uploader without requiring the admin
> password to be inserted? I would rather not have to deal with passwords
> in automated processes and I was hoping there was a cleaner solution
> (keys, certs, etc).

I suggest you to take a look at "man ovirt-iso-uploader"

You can use a config file for storing passwords:

CONFIGURATION FILE
       For configuration information, ovirt-iso-uploader always first pulls in any options set in the configuration files
       /etc/ovirt-engine/isouploader.conf and /etc/ovirt-
       engine/isouploader.conf.d/*.conf. By default, all options are commented out. Any options you set in that file can later be  overridden  from
       the  ovirt-iso-uploader
       command  line.  To  set defaults for any of the options described in this man page, uncomment the option lines you want in this file and add
       the desired values. Here
       are examples of a few lines from that file:

       [ISOUploader]
       ###  oVirt Engine Configuration:
       ## username to use with the REST API
       user=joe at example.com
       #  he oVirt Engine REST API password.
       passwd=L1ghtNingFst1!
       ## hostname or IP address of the oVirt Engine
       engine=myengine.example.com:443

You can then upload with your usual command line in an automated way.

You can also use ssh to upload and pass the keyfile with: --key-file=KEYFILE

same for image-uploader, see "man engine-image-uploader" for details.