[ovirt-users] Proper way to change and persist vdsm configuration options

ybronhei ybronhei at redhat.com
Mon Aug 4 10:53:01 UTC 2014

On 07/31/2014 01:28 AM, Trey Dockendorf wrote:
> I'm running ovirt nodes that are stock CentOS 6.5 systems with VDSM
> installed.  I am using iSER to do iSCSI over RDMA and to make that
> work I have to modify /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf to include the following:
>
> [irs]
> iscsi_default_ifaces = iser,default
>
> I've noticed that any time I upgrade a node from the engine web
> interface that changes to vdsm.conf are wiped out.  I don't know if
> this is being done by the configuration code or by the vdsm package.
> Is there a more reliable way to ensure changes to vdsm.conf are NOT
> removed automatically?

Hey,

vdsm.conf shouldn't wiped out and shouldn't changed at all during
upgrade. other related conf files (such as libvirtd.conf) might be
overrided to keep defaults configurations for vdsm. but vdsm.conf should
persist with user's modification. from my check, regular yum upgrade
doesn't touch vdsm.conf

Douglas can you verify that with node upgrade? might be specific to that
flow..

Trey, can file a bugzilla on that and describe your steps there?

Thanks

Yaniv Bronhaim,

> Thanks,
> - Trey