[ovirt-users] ovirt guest agent iso

Lev Veyde lveyde at redhat.com
Mon Aug 4 16:00:43 UTC 2014

Hi Tiemen,

That is quite strange behaviour...

I tried to reproduce this, but was unable to do so.
You simply double-click on the ovirt-guest-tools-setup executable file on the CD right? Or you do something else?
If you do something different can you please explain the exact scenario of what you do?

Can you please provide me with the exact release details of 2K12R2 that you're using? (I used Standard, Build 9600).

Also, can you please try again installing the tools on the clean instance of 2K12R2 ?

Just as a side note, the ovirt-guest-tools-setup.exe can be copied to any location and run from there, as it self-contains all the necessary files.
The installer doesn't copies any files from the CD's bin directory etc., nor it's supposed to run any of the files included on the CD.
The sole purpose of these files on the CD is for user's convenience, to allow i.e. manual copying and installation of oVirt Guest Agent if one desires so.

Thanks in advance,
Lev Veyde.