[ovirt-users] Proper way to change and persist vdsm configuration options

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Tue Aug 5 18:45:05 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Trey Dockendorf" <treydock at gmail.com>

and should stop here..

> , and installs packages.
> Part of my Puppet deployment is basic things like sudo management
> (vdsm's sudo is account for), sssd configuration, and other aspects
> that are needed by every system in my infrastructure.  Part of the
> ovirt::node Puppet class is managing vdsm.conf, and in my case that
> means ensuring iSER is enabled for iSCSI over IB.

you can create a file /etc/ovirt-host-deploy.conf.d/40-xxx.conf
---
VDSM_CONFIG/section/key=str:content
---

this will create a proper vdsm.conf when host-deploy is initiated.

you should now use the rest api to initiate host-deploy.

> 3. Once host is online and has had the full Puppet catalog applied I
> log into ovirt-engine web interface and add those host (pulling it's
> data via the Foreman provider).

right, but you should let this process install packages and manage configuration.

> What I've noticed is that after step #3, after a host is added by
> ovirt-engine, the vdsm.conf file is reset to default and I have to
> reapply Puppet before it can be used as the one of my Data Storage
> Domains requires iSER (not available over TCP).

right, see above.