[ovirt-users] Network Question

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Thu Aug 7 05:31:30 UTC 2014

On 08/07/2014 08:50 AM, Punit Dambiwal wrote:
> Hi Kasturi,
>
> Thanks for the help...it's ok...that means first i need to change the
> host with FQDN....but still the same question :-
>
> 1. Suppose i will add the host with FQDN and the FQDN has public ip
> address(202.151.100.X)... (When ovirt add the host...it will create
> ovirtmgmt network by default on the basis of this network connection)
> 2. And my storage network work on private network (10.10.10.0)..
> 3. If i add the Host with FQDN...seems still the gluster traffic route
> through ovirtmgmt network interface ??
> 4. Or do i need to follow this for the modifications
> (http://www.ovirt.org/oVirt_Wiki:How_to_change_Gluster%27s_network_interface)

Yes to all of above.
So you would add the host using FQDN and then follow the workaround to
make sure gluster communicates using storage network.

> 5. What about if i add new host later on ??

Whenever you add a new host, the host is added to the gluster trusted
pool, by invoking "gluster peer probe <host address provided>"
So, if FQDN is used and the ipaddress mappings are setup appropriately,
then gluster communication will continue on the private network.