[ovirt-users] ovirt-ha notifications flood of ovirt-hosted-engine state transition GlobalMaintenance-GlobalMaintenance messages?

Darrell Budic budic at onholyground.com
Fri Aug 8 15:29:44 UTC 2014

On Aug 8, 2014, at 1:22 AM, Jiri Moskovcak <jmoskovc at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 08/07/2014 07:08 PM, Darrell Budic wrote:
>> Why do the ha brokers send this message every 15 seconds? It isn’t really a state transition, and it’s a little excessive for a reminder that it’s in Global Maintenance. This is with centos 6.5 hosts.
>> Any thing I can do on my side to get it to send just one for the initial transition into maintenance mode?
>
> - unfortunately with the current code it's either a message every 15secs or never
> - if you want to silence it, you can edit /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine-ha/agent-log.conf and change
>
> [logger_root]
> level=INFO

> [logger_root]
> level=ERROR
>
> --Jirka

Thanks Jirka, I may silence it :)

Every so often, one of my groups decides to send me a bunch of erroneous messages. Just figured out that if I started the ovirt-engine VM by hand, the ha-agent doesn’t seem to pickup that it’s running, but sends me “EngineDown-EngineStart” & “EngineStart-EngineUp” messages every 10 mins or so. Doesn’t affect the running engine, but more spam :) When I shut the running engine down and let the agent start it up, it shuts up about it, so something that happens during automatic launch that isn’t happening if it’s launched with —vm-start maybe?

I’ve had it send me similar messages seemingly randomly as well, no apparent cause and the engine vm shows no interruptions in uptime. Then it gets quiet again an hour or 3 later. No idea what caused it, just thought I’d mention it in context.

 -Darrell