[ovirt-users] ovirt with 389 server inactive groups

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 19:43:14 UTC 2014

Sorry for my delayed response to this

I am using ovirt 3.3.
I am using Kerberos 5, and all of the DNS requirements are in place.
Finally 389 server is the upstream project for RHDS and one of the
upstream projects for IPA.
So I chose to set it as RHDS because its an identical match.

User authentication works just fine my problem is adding roles to groups.
I can assign a role to a group but the group always shows an inactive
status; however if I assign a role directly to to a user it works
fine.
In addition if I drill down into a user it knows what groups in the
389 server the user is a member of.

finally I can't see any error in the logs when adding a role to a group