[ovirt-users] Kernel Panic - not syncing IO-APIC timer doesn't work!

Yusufi M R yusuf at global-analytics.com
Mon Aug 11 11:17:59 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I am using ovirt version 3.3. One of the user while running VM had kernel panic issue while booting. Got the error as "Kernel Panic - not syncing IO-APIC timer doesn't work!". The user tried to shutdown 3 times but it failed all the time. Then I  as an admin poweroff the VM and then started the VM again, this has resolve the issue.

Do anyone has come across this issue? Can someone say why this issue occurs and what can be done to avoid it in future.

Regards,
Yusuf