[ovirt-users] Network Address Change

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Mon Aug 11 12:56:58 UTC 2014

Il 08/08/2014 19:07, Paul.LKW ha scritto:
> Hi All:
> I just has a case, I need to change the oVirt host and engine IP address due to data center decommission I checked in the hosted-engine host there are
> some files I could change ;
>
> in ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf
> ca_subject="O=simple.com, CN=1.2.3.4"
> gateway=1.2.3.254
>
> and of course I need to change the ovirtmgmt interface IP too, I think just change the above line could do the tick, but where could I change the
> other host IP in the cluster ?
> I think I have to be lost all the host as once changed the hosted-engine host IP as it is in diff. sub net.
> Does there any command line tools could do that or someone has such experience could share?

Well, I think you can move the hosts to global maintenance, shutdown the hosted engine vm, move the first host and the vm to the new network.
After that you should be able to move the other hosts to the new network.
When finished you can exit global maintenance.

Never tested such scenario so if any other can provide more info and maybe create a wiki page it would be nice.
Not sure about what happen with the certificates if they've been generated using ip address instead of FQDN, probably they won't be valid anymore
after the network change.