[ovirt-users] Ovirt SSL Question

Punit Dambiwal hypunit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 01:53:24 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I have one question regarding the SSL settings in Ovirt....let me explain
my environment first :-

1. Ovirt engine :- mgmt.3linux.com
2. Standalone websocket proxy :- web-proxy.3linux.com
3. Our Own Portal :- portal.3linux.com

We have the above architecture...we fetch the VM console from the websocket
proxy to our own portal through API....because still we are using
selfsigned certificate...we need to trust the certificate every
time,whenever we open the VM console... (https://<web-proxy.3linux.com
>:<port>)

When we initiate the VM console through our own web portal the url  (
https://portal.3linux.com/content/ovirt/noVNC/vm-console.php?id=6e0caf73-ae7d-493e-a51d-ecc32f507f00),if
we accept the SSL certificate with https://<web-proxy.3linux.com>:<port>
....then it will open as expected but if we didn't accept the certificate
manually...then it through failed to connect:1006 error...

We don't want that every time end user will accept the certificate
manually...as our link to open VM console is different then webproxy....

Now we want to replace the self signed certificate with valid SSL....can
any one tell me where we need to put the certificates and how to generate
the CSR for them and how many SSL we need to purchase to make this thing
workable without accepting the certificate everytime....

Thanks,
Punit