[ovirt-users] oVirt italian translation

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 16:09:25 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Einav Cohen <ecohen at redhat.com> wrote:

> I've found a few different paths to the RPMs, which probably point to
> the same RPMs eventually, but to be on the safe side:
>
> go to the relevant status page of the #2 job, i.e.:
>
> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-engine_master_create-rpms_merged_italian_translation/label=centos6-host/2/
>  [for centos]
> or
>
> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-engine_master_create-rpms_merged_italian_translation/label=fedora19-host/2/
> [for fedora 19]
> or
>
> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-engine_master_create-rpms_merged_italian_translation/label=fedora20-host/2/
> [for fedora 20]
>
> click on the "Expand All" link-button (see http://i.imgur.com/kW5emZe.png)
> and download the RPMs under the "exported artifacts" node in the tree.
>
> good luck!

OK.
I have setup a CentOS 6.5 VM whre I can use nested virtualization and the
aim is to install AllInOne so that I have both engine and nodes relates
dialogs to check against transaltion

After some attempts, at the end what I found it seems to work is:
- scratch CentOS 6.5 (basic server)
- update os packages
- set SELinux to permissive
- install http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release-master.rpm
- put the ita branch rpm files generated by jenkins job into a directory
and run
yum localinstall *rpm
(dependincies are correctly resolved even if master is 2 days ahead...)
- disable the two lines in
/etc/yum.repos.d/ovirt-master-snapshot.repo
- run engine-setup
now it checks for updates but doesn't find any update and proceeds ok.

I have verified I'm able to connect to web admin and the already translated
parts are there (see screenshot
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvb2RfcDFUUXBKV2c/edit?usp=sharing
)
I'm going to check further....

- some questions

1) How to change the locale of the webadmin welcome page before login and
so language selection? Is this possible or does it get locale from browser
and/or client settings?

2) in my install it seems vdsm has problems:

during engine-setup I have:

[ INFO  ] Still waiting for VDSM host to become operational...
[ ERROR ] Timed out while waiting for host to start. Please check the logs.
[WARNING] Local storage domain not added because the VDSM host was not up.
Please add it manually.
[ INFO  ] Stage: Clean up
          Log file is located at
/var/log/ovirt-engine/setup/ovirt-engine-setup-20140813173448-i47i1l.log
[ INFO  ] Generating answer file
'/var/lib/ovirt-engine/setup/answers/20140813174959-setup.conf'
[ INFO  ] Stage: Pre-termination
[ INFO  ] Stage: Termination
[ INFO  ] Execution of setup completed successfully

and in vdsm.log of this all-in-one install I see

Detector thread::ERROR::2014-08-13
17:48:59,482::protocoldetector::104::vds.MultiProtocolAcceptor::(serve_forever)
Unhandled exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/protocoldetector.py", line 100, in serve_forever
    self._process_events()
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/protocoldetector.py", line 117, in _process_events
    self._accept_connection()
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/protocoldetector.py", line 180, in
_accept_connection
    client_socket, _ = self._socket.accept()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/vdsm/sslutils.py", line 121, in
accept
    raise SSL.SSLError("%s, client %s" % (e, address[0]))
SSLError: unexpected eof, client 192.168.122.51

is it a general master problem or is my workflow a possible cause or a
problem with nested virt....?
Let me know if you want log files or if this is a known problem...

3) If I don't disable master-snapshot.repo entries I'm not able to
successfully run engine-setup in any way
One thing I noted is this: if it finds updates, it asks if you want to use
them or not. But if you say no it fails...
So why does it ask the option related to update packages if in any case it
fails with message

[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Environment customization': Aborted,
packages must be updated

???

Gianluca