[ovirt-users] Detecting already existing VM on the attached LUN.

santosh sbahir at commvault.com
Wed Aug 13 20:46:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

I had a LUN(say L1) from NetApp storage array attached to RHEV iSCSI
Storage Domain.  I had couple of VMs on this storage domain.
I had destroyed this storage domain when LUN became inaccessible for
some reasons. Then I created new Storage Doamin with different LUN(say L2)
and created couple of more VMs on it. Now first LUN (L1) is available.

In this scenario, I have following two questions -

1)    Can I attach L1 directly?
2)    If I can, will I be able to access VMs present on L1?

Thanks, Santosh.

"This communication may contain confidential and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message by mistake,
please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."