[ovirt-users] Some questions

Maor Lipchuk mlipchuk at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 09:10:59 UTC 2014

Hi David,

See my answers inline

Regards,
Maor

----- Original Message -----

Engine 3.0 should support backward compatibility for ovirt 3.4. You can verify that on the node be executing the following command : "vdsClient -s 0 getVdsCaps" (-s for secure),
There, you should see a supportedENGINEs list.
> -¿Its necessary shutdown Nodes to do engine upgrade?
no, but take in consideration that after upgrade, those hosts might get into non-operational state, in case VDSM version should be upgraded also.
> -¿Are there any problem having the same physical machine for engine and
> storage? ¿what are advantages have on diferents machines?
There is no limitation of doing that,
it's simply a question of the architecture you want to support.
Separating the engine from the Storage server, might be useful to make it more high available.