[ovirt-users] libvirtError: Unable to read from monitor: Connection reset by peer

Landauer, Manfred manfred.landauer at fabasoft.com
Thu Aug 14 12:30:17 UTC 2014

Hi all

We are trying to set up our CentOS 6.5 server using kickstart. After setting up a new VM in oVirt "oVirt Engine Version: 3.4.3-1.el6" and launching the VM with run once default settings there is no problem. But when we try to launch the VM with following Linux Boot Options the operation stopped with an error (see attached log-file).
In our test-lab everything works fine with same hard- and software.

Linux Boot Options:
kernel path: iso://vmlinuz
initrd path: iso://initrd.img
kernel params: ks=https://<configserver>/kickstart/<vm>.cfg ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask= xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx gateway= xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx dns= xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx noverifyssl

Hopefully you have any idea how to correct this error.

Best regards
Manfred