[ovirt-users] GlusterFS Distributed Replicate HA with KeepAlived

Humble Devassy Chirammal humble.devassy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 12:23:54 UTC 2014

Hi,

....but i want the way from the ovirt portal...if possible ??

Yes, its possible.

Also in my case if the mount point HV node goes down...all the VM's will
pause...and once the node come up..i need to manually poweroff the VM's and
manually start again...

I failed to interpret  'mount point' here. If you are talking about
'gluster' volume server , the VM behaviour depends on the gluster
configuration which indirectly depend on the quorum configuration and
volume configuration. If there is an error from underlying storage ( here
gluster volume) VM can pause , however latest versions of ovirt support
auto resume.

Someone from community suggest me to use the localhost as mount point if
you are using compute & storage on the same node...but i doubt about the
failover...that means if any node goes down....how the VM migration on
another node will happen ??

If you are using local data center the VM migration can't happen. You have
to configure a storage domain which can be accessed from your Ovirt
Cluster  Hosts .

Please have a look at http://www.ovirt.org/Gluster_Storage_Domain_Reference
which talks about the recommended way of configuring it.

--Humble