[ovirt-users] Power Management with UPS Network UPS Tools (NUT)

OvirtAndKvm oVirt at goproject.info
Wed Aug 20 00:04:22 UTC 2014

    I would like to implement Power Management using an Eton E5 UPS,
if this is not possible then I would like to know what UPS systems can
be easily used with oVirt.

Can someone point me to information on how to configure the UPS,
CentOS 6.5 (preferably), and oVirt to use the UPS system, so that I
could purchase, install and implement the UPS.

If anyone has information regarding UPS, please reply to this email
with links to the information.

Can oVirt use "Network UPS Tools (NUT)" for Power Management ?  If
so, is there any documentation on this subject that you could provide
links to, please.

http://www.ovirt.org/Features/HostPowerManagementPolicy

http://www.howtoforge.com/network-ups-tools-nut-for-usb-upss-on-centos-5.5
http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/ar01s05.html
http://www.networkupstools.org/features.html
http://www.ovirt.org/Automatic_Fencing

So far the most common statement I have found is "Ignore the warning
about power management", but this is not what I want to do.
http://www.r11networks.com/2013/04/ovirt-installation-guide/

http://www.ovirt.org/DraftAdministrationGuide

http://www.ovirt.org/DraftAdministrationGuide#Host_Power_Management_settings_explained

Choose one of the following:

	*  apc - APC MasterSwitch network power switch. Not for use with APC
5.x power switch devices.
	*  apc_snmp - Use with APC 5.x power switch devices.
	*  bladecenter - IBM Bladecentre Remote Supervisor Adapter.
	*  cisco_ucs - Cisco Unified Computing System.
	*  drac5 - Dell Remote Access Controller for Dell computers.
	*  drac7 - Dell Remote Access Controller for Dell computers.
	*  eps - ePowerSwitch 8M+ network power switch.
	*  hpblade - HP BladeSystem.
	*  ilo, ilo2, ilo3, ilo4 - HP Integrated Lights-Out.
	*  ipmilan - Intelligent Platform Management Interface and Sun
Integrated Lights Out Management devices.
	*  rsa - IBM Remote Supervisor Adaptor.
	*  rsb - Fujitsu-Siemens RSB management interface.
	*  wti - WTI Network PowerSwitch.

  CONFIGURING HOST POWER MANAGEMENT SETTINGS

Summary

Configure your host power management device settings to perform host
life-cycle operations (stop, start, restart) from the Administration
Portal.

It is necessary to configure host power management in order to utilize
host high availability and virtual machine high availability.