[ovirt-users] can you re-create self hosted storage pool?

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 20 12:41:18 UTC 2014

On 19-8-2014 17:08, Darrell Budic wrote:
> Through a series of creative experiments, I've managed to corrupt the lock files for my self-hosted engine's storage pool. Is there any way to destroy and recreate the pool without reinstalling the self-hosted engine on all systems (after destroying it entirely)?

Don't know if my situation reflects yours but I had a problem with
hosted-engine too. I had a way newer version of kvm/libvirt on host01
and decided to yum remove it. Sofar no problem but it also removed
hosted-engine and then i had a problem. In the end I solved it by just
reinstalling hosted-engine and running engine-deploy on host01 and
answering the question if this was a reinstall and pointing to the
anwser file on host02. Once it was done all came up nicely.
So it seems possible to maybe do this in a roundrobin way and
update/reinstall your hosts.

Joop