[ovirt-users] Master Storage goes Inactive - Failed to activate Storage Domain

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Sun Aug 24 10:14:34 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Testing on another host only prove that your gluster service is accessible from the other
host. Please try to access gluster from the host that vdsm is running on.

> The setup is basic,
> two identical servers set up as hosts, four drives on each server.  First
> drive is currently for the OS, second and third drive are set up to use
> Gluster distributed replicate.  Fourth is not used.

Having only two hosts with gluster replication may be unreliable. Please consult
gluster folks how to setup gluster in a reliable way.

> Please let me know what
> other information you require, and thank you for the help.

Please share with us these logs, for the timeframe of this issue:

/var/log/messages
/var/log/sanlock.log
/var/log/vdsm/vdsm.log