[ovirt-users] Functionalities of GlusterFS (vs VMFS)

David BERCOT ovirt at bercot.org
Mon Aug 25 14:41:38 UTC 2014

Hello,

Maybe I'm border-line with oVirt but I think it is a critical part of a
virtual infrastructure, so...

I understand that GlusterFS is a good storage solution for oVirt VM but
I have a couple of questions :
- does GlusterFS support FibreChannel (in order to have equivalents
  to the SAN Datastores of the VMware world) ?
- is GlusterFS performant enough to support a lot of VM with a lot of
  nodes (entreprise infrastructure) ?
- has GlusterFS some limitations or constraints ?
- can GlusterFS be used (out of oVirt) for high I/O needs ?

Thank you.

David.