[ovirt-users] HELP - Storage Domains dot not active anymore.

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Mon Aug 25 21:17:40 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Fagner Patricio" <fagner.patricio at gmail.com>
> To: "users" <users at ovirt.org>
> Sent: Monday, August 25, 2014 5:04:17 PM
> Subject: [ovirt-users] HELP - Storage Domains dot not active anymore.

ello everybody, i have a big trouble here.
> After a reboot in my ovirt datacenter two of three storage domain do not
> active anymore.
> I have very important VM in there.
>
> What can i do, please help me.
>
> Whats log I search for a clue what is going on?
>
> The storage domains are fedora 20 machines with tgtd service on it.

Please share with us:

On a host you try to access the missing storage domains:

/var/log/messages
/var/log/sanlock.log

On one on the fedora 20 machines serving as storage server:

/var/log/messages

Also please check if your trouble is fixed by disabling selinux on the storage servers,
and restarting tgtd.

When I setup tgtd, I had issues with selinux preventing tgtd from opening the images
on startup. Fixing selinux labels on the directory where the images are fixed this issue.

Also, tgtd is rather old and is replaced by lio [1] - you will get better performance, more
features, and better support by switching to lio.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LIO_(SCSI_target)

Thanks,
Nir