[ovirt-users] Fwd: RE: Migration failed, No available host found

Prasad Mukhedkar prasad at mukhedkar.com
Tue Aug 26 07:12:33 UTC 2014

I see this error in attached engine.log file.

2014-08-25 09:00:26,031 INFO
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.scheduling.SchedulingManager]
(org.ovirt.thread.pool-6-thread-16) [29765492] Candidate host KVM02
(12dfa3ea-13cf-4918-b31
6-0c5643bd96be) was filtered out by VAR__FILTERTYPE__INTERNAL filter
Memory (correlation id: 29765492)
[-]
2014-08-25 09:00:26,032 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.MigrateVmToServerCommand]
(org.ovirt.thread.pool-6-thread-16) [29765492] Command
org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.MigrateVmToSer
verCommand throw Vdc Bll exception. With error message VdcBLLException:
RESOURCE_MANAGER_VDS_NOT_FOUND (Failed with error
RESOURCE_MANAGER_VDS_NOT_FOUND and code 5004)

Seems like kvm02 doesn't have enough memory to accommodate load of new
virtual machine. Check "Max free Memory for scheduling new VMs:"
available for the host. (Admin portal > Hosts > select intended host >
General)

and verify that its grater than "Physical Memory guaranteed" value set
for the subjected virtual machine (In Resources Allocation tab inside
Edit Virtual Machine window). If it's higher, Reduce it and then try
migrating.

Regards,
Prasad Mukhedkar