[ovirt-users] VM Deployment By Template

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 13:01:15 UTC 2014

On Aug 26, 2014, at 12:01 , Punit Dambiwal <hypunit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Michal,
>
> 2. I find disk size can not modify at the time of VM provisioning,is there any way to modify the VM disk size ??
>
> well, not really, AFAIK.
> create another disk, move your data, remove the original Or create a bigger thin provisioned disk at the beginning...
>
> I didn't understand the mean...i can create the another disk...it's ok...but how to move the data from the existing disk to new disk at the time of the VM deployment... ?? is there any way to move the data.. ??
Hi,

You would have to do that inside the guest…the same way as you would do it on real hardware…mount both disks, move the relevant data
not trivial and not automated

> Another question is there any way to mount the img like i will create the VM with blank template with my preferred disk size and leter on install the OS through any OS template ??? i know i can install the OS through CD-ISO but i don't want the manual installation…

so you want to have a preinstalled OS…so how did you want to use it?
I probably don't understand what are you trying to achieve.
Anything else than having a Template with OS and you deploy VMs from that….you need to change disk sizes for each such VM? Could it be done by adding an additional disk?

Thanks,
michal