[ovirt-users] VM Deployment By Template

Punit Dambiwal hypunit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 07:50:55 UTC 2014

Hi Sven,

It's Ok...but still the drawback is if i have 100GB template and use clone
instead of thin....now if i want to create 10 VM with this template...it
will copy 1TB data...and the provisioning will take long time ??

Is there any other work around to make this copy partial or the ovirt just
copy the actual used data at the time VM deployment instead of the whole
virtual disk....

Otherwise it's very hard to use Ovirt as public cloud...because if every
time it copy the whole template...and simultaneous more then 10 process
running for the VM deployment all the process will stuck..

Another way i got is create the VM with 1GB virtual template and expand the
disk size after deployment...but the problem here is disk will expand...but
it will not done any changes in the existing partition table..that means
after expand disk you need to manual login in to server and make the
changes with the help of fdisk and lvm commands...

Seems Ovirt is not proposed for the public cloud ??

Thanks,
Punit