[ovirt-users] VM Deployment By Template

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Wed Aug 27 12:01:34 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-08-27 at 19:52 +0800, Punit Dambiwal wrote:
> Hi Itamar,
>

> It's the same as i used and discussed in last reply...create the VM
> with 1GB virtual template and expand the disk size after
> deployment...but the problem here is disk will expand or resize...but
> it will not make any changes in the existing partition table..that
> means after expand disk all the existing partition will remain
> same....then you need to manual login in to server and make the
> changes with the help of fdisk and lvm commands..
>

> I am looking for the way we can resize the disk...and at the same time
> when the disk will expand...it should be resize the partition table...

I think this is what you were after:
"QEMU-GA

    support for notifying the guest and updating the size of the visible
disk: To be integrated "

So maybe you could post an RFE on that for "qemu-ga"? Help testing?

/K

--

Med Vänliga Hälsningar

Karli Sjöberg
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences Box 7079 (Visiting Address
Kronåsvägen 8)
S-750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Phone:  +46-(0)18-67 15 66
karli.sjoberg at slu.se