[ovirt-users] Need to import a template in OVA format

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Sun Aug 31 20:19:20 UTC 2014

> On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 06:07:47PM +0300, Itamar Heim wrote:
>> On 08/29/2014 06:38 PM, Bob Doolittle wrote:
>>> I have a template designed for VMware VMs, in OVA format.
>>>
>>> Is there a way I can import this template to oVirt, in order to create
>>> an oVirt VM from it?
>>>
>>> virt-v2v seems designed to import VMs, not templates, and it whines
>>> about no storage devices in the Guest (when using "-i ova -o rhev -os
>>> <NFS_PATH_TO_EXPORT_DOMAIN>").
> I guess we're talking about old virt-v2v here?
> Shahar is writing a new OVA importer at the moment.

Well that's the thing. I saw many old e-mails about issues, and that the
ova option was withdrawn because of them. But I'm running F20 and it
claims to support the ova option so I presumed it had been reintroduced
and fixed. Not so much?

The version I am running is virt-v2v-0.9.0-5.fc20.x86_64

Thanks,
    Bob