[ovirt-users] how to see new iSCSI lun added

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 17:11:24 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 5:30 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 5:26 PM, Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net> wrote:
>
>> Once upon a time, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> said:
>> > Am I missing anyting simple?
>>
>> Yep...
>>
>> > On the server offering iSCSI target:
>> > # tgtadm --lld iscsi --mode target --op show
>> > Target 1: iqn.2014-07.local.localdomain:store1
>> >         LUN: 1
>> >             SCSI ID: p_iscsi_store1_l
>> >         LUN: 2
>> >             SCSI ID: p_iscsi_store1_l
>>
>> Both LUNs have the same ID name, which confuses discovery (I've done the
>> same thing before).  This is a 16 character string, so make sure they
>> are distinct/unique in that 16 characters.
>>
>> It is annoying that scsi-target-utils lets you do this.
>> --
>> Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>
>>

> Arghhh!
> Actually the name I used is
> p_iscsi_store1_lun1
> p_iscsi_store1_lun2
>
> and the problem so should be that it is trimmed to 16 chars... I will try
>
> Thanks!!

The original problem actually was to configure a new iSCSI lun for VMware
on the same store provided by scsi-target-utils and this new lun was not
visible...
So I tried originating with oVirt to crosscheck....
Now, after changing the ID, I have

# tgtadm --lld iscsi --mode target --op show | grep "SCSI ID"
            SCSI ID: IET     00010000
            SCSI ID: p_iscsi_store1_l
            SCSI ID: p_lun2_istore1

and the result is that VMware is able to see the new lun ;-)
But the same didn't originate any change at oVirt side: the discovery, with
and without chap selected (see this thread that should be solved in my
version that is 3.5:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2014-September/027388.html) doesn't
show the new LUN to attach, only LUN 1...
Any log or tes I can provide to debug problem of oVirt discovery?

Gianluca