[ovirt-users] supervdsmServer consumes 30% of host memory

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Tue Dec 2 21:15:32 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 02, 2014 at 08:28:55PM +0100, Demeter Tibor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a productive ovirt 3.5 cluster with 3 nodes.
>
> The first node has 40 gb of memory and running only one VM that use 8 gb of ram.
> But the supervdsmserver consumes 20% of host memory.
> On the second node has 32 GB of memory with 5 VMs. On this node the supervdsmserver using 30%(!) of memory!
> On the node3 there are 6 VMs with 72 GB of memory. But the supervdsm server use only 1.7% of memory.
>
> Does anyone know why?

most probably

    Bug 1142647 - supervdsm leaks memory when using glusterfs

which would be fixed in ovirt-3.5.1. Unfortunately, it won't be released
today - the released date has been postponed to Dec 9th.

Since the two glusterfs issues (memleak and segfault) repeat so often,
I've tagged vdsm-4.16.8 as a release candidate for ovirt-3.5.1.

Sandro, could you help in building it and placing it somewhere for
people to try it out? After all, it has 87 (!) patches since 3.5.0, so
testing is due.

Regards,
Dan.