[ovirt-users] supervdsmServer consumes 30% of host memory

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Wed Dec 3 09:12:57 UTC 2014

Il 02/12/2014 22:15, Dan Kenigsberg ha scritto:
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2014 at 08:28:55PM +0100, Demeter Tibor wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have a productive ovirt 3.5 cluster with 3 nodes.
>>
>> The first node has 40 gb of memory and running only one VM that use 8 gb of ram.
>> But the supervdsmserver consumes 20% of host memory.
>> On the second node has 32 GB of memory with 5 VMs. On this node the supervdsmserver using 30%(!) of memory!
>> On the node3 there are 6 VMs with 72 GB of memory. But the supervdsm server use only 1.7% of memory.
>>
>> Does anyone know why?
>
> most probably
>
>     Bug 1142647 - supervdsm leaks memory when using glusterfs
>
> which would be fixed in ovirt-3.5.1. Unfortunately, it won't be released
> today - the released date has been postponed to Dec 9th.
>
> Since the two glusterfs issues (memleak and segfault) repeat so often,
> I've tagged vdsm-4.16.8 as a release candidate for ovirt-3.5.1.
>
> Sandro, could you help in building it and placing it somewhere for
> people to try it out? After all, it has 87 (!) patches since 3.5.0, so
> testing is due.

Dan, 4.16.8-0 has been already built in jenkins[1][2][3][4] and it has been already published in 3.5 nightly snapshot[5].
Whoever want to test it is more than welcome.
Instructions for using nightly are on the wiki [6].
Please add yourself to the testing report page [7] if you're going to test it.

[1] http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_3.5_create-rpms-el6-x86_64_merged/133/
[2] http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_3.5_create-rpms-el7-x86_64_merged/130/
[3] http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_3.5_create-rpms-fc19-x86_64_merged/130/
[4] http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_3.5_create-rpms-fc20-x86_64_merged/130/