[ovirt-users] supervdsmServer consumes 30% of host memory

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Wed Dec 3 10:40:16 UTC 2014

On 02.12.2014 22:16, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2014 at 08:28:55PM +0100, Demeter Tibor wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have a productive ovirt 3.5 cluster with 3 nodes.
>>
>> The first node has 40 gb of memory and running only one VM that use 8 gb of ram.
>> But the supervdsmserver consumes 20% of host memory.
>> On the second node has 32 GB of memory with 5 VMs. On this node the supervdsmserver using 30%(!) of memory!
>> On the node3 there are 6 VMs with 72 GB of memory. But the supervdsm server use only 1.7% of memory.
>>
>> Does anyone know why?
>
> most probably
>
>      Bug 1142647 - supervdsm leaks memory when using glusterfs
>
> which would be fixed in ovirt-3.5.1. Unfortunately, it won't be released
> today - the released date has been postponed to Dec 9th.
>
> Since the two glusterfs issues (memleak and segfault) repeat so often,
> I've tagged vdsm-4.16.8 as a release candidate for ovirt-3.5.1.
>
> Sandro, could you help in building it and placing it somewhere for
> people to try it out? After all, it has 87 (!) patches since 3.5.0, so
> testing is due.
Good to know! Giving it a shot, upgrading went smoothly so far. I'll
report back if something comes up.

> Regards,
> Dan.

Daniel Helgenberger
m box bewegtbild GmbH

P: +49/30/2408781-22
F: +49/30/2408781-10

ACKERSTR. 19
D-10115 BERLIN

www.m-box.de  www.monkeymen.tv

Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767