[ovirt-users] shared storage with iscsi

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Thu Dec 4 15:29:50 UTC 2014

Le 04/12/2014 16:23, mad Engineer a écrit :
> Thanks Maor,in non ovirt kvm setup i use GFS2 to make the block device
> shareable across multiple hosts.Could you tell me how is it achieved
> in ovirt.

When using iSCSI, they are not shared.
You have to make sure your storage infrastructure allows multiple
connection to the iscsi LUN.
But there is nothing to do about sharing on the block level.
When migrating data in iSCSI environement, according to what I've
witnessed, blocks are dd'ed (so this takes time) from the SD source to
target.

I guess that's where glusterfs adds some benefit.

> Regards
>
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM, Maor Lipchuk <mlipchuk at redhat.com> wrote:

Nicolas Ecarnot