[ovirt-users] Seperate ovirt-user-portal

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Thu Dec 4 15:37:54 UTC 2014

On Thursday, December 04, 2014 11:49:00 AM Demeter Tibor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to add access the ovirt-user-portal webui for external users.
> Could I seperate this from ovirt-portal-server?
> I just wondering, maybe that is a possible way if I create an virtual
> machine for user-portal with external IP address and the users could
> connect to them. I don't want to add access to the whole portal server
> directly.
>
> Is it possible?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tibor

Why not simply put a proxy for your external users that points to the URL of
the user portal? That should be relatively easy with Apace and mod_proxy, or
your proxy of choice.

I am assuming you are simply trying to prevent users from changing the URL and
seeing the webadmin URL, or the welcome page.