[ovirt-users] Newly deployed ovirt instance can not start a VM

Jeremy Utley jeremy at ifuzioncorp.com
Fri Dec 5 23:21:22 UTC 2014

Hello everyone!

I just finished setting up our new demo Ovirt implementation, but am having
some issues once I get to the point of starting up a VM.  Every time we try
to start a VM, we get the error:

The host {hostname} did not satisfy internal filter Network because
network(s) are missing.

This is trying to launch vm with the Cirros image from the OVirt glance
repository.  This is confusing, because we only have one network defined
(the "ovirtmgmt" network), and each of our 4 nodes shows it attached and
indicated as functional.

Our nodes are all CentOS 6.6 installations, with the ovirtmgmt bridge bound
to eth2.  If I go to Networks/ovirtmgmt under my datacenter, and click on
the Networks tab at the top, select the ovirtmgmt network, and Hosts tab at
the bottom, it shows that ovirtmgmt network is up on all 4 nodes.  Even if
I tell the VM to not attach itself to any networks at all, the machine
fails to start with the same error.  Have done a lot of google searching to
no avail.

We're also worried we did not get our gluster storage network set up
right.  We added the Storage Domain as type Data (Master)/GlusterFS, but it
looks like Ovirt is using Fuse rather than the new libgfapi functionality -
since we can see the gluster mounted /rhev/data-center/mnt/glusterSD/ with
fuse.glusterfs, which would indicate we are not using the native Gluster
integration.  However, the latest info I can find seems to indicate that
the gluster integration should be working in latest CentOS builds.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!  The boss wants this demo sooner
rather than later!