[ovirt-users] Newly deployed ovirt instance can not start a VM

Joop van de Wege jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 6 08:02:58 UTC 2014

Try looking at vdsm.log on the host where the vm is being started. You can force a host by using runonce and the host tab. Looking at engine.log migt also help

>This is trying to launch vm with the Cirros image from the OVirt glance
>repository.  This is confusing, because we only have one network
>defined
>(the "ovirtmgmt" network), and each of our 4 nodes shows it attached
>and
>indicated as functional.
>
>Our nodes are all CentOS 6.6 installations, with the ovirtmgmt bridge
>bound
>to eth2.  If I go to Networks/ovirtmgmt under my datacenter, and click
>on
>the Networks tab at the top, select the ovirtmgmt network, and Hosts
>tab at
>the bottom, it shows that ovirtmgmt network is up on all 4 nodes.  Even
>if
>I tell the VM to not attach itself to any networks at all, the machine
>fails to start with the same error.  Have done a lot of google
>searching to
>no avail.
>

>We're also worried we did not get our gluster storage network set up
>right.  We added the Storage Domain as type Data (Master)/GlusterFS,
>but it
>looks like Ovirt is using Fuse rather than the new libgfapi
>functionality -
>since we can see the gluster mounted /rhev/data-center/mnt/glusterSD/
>with
>fuse.glusterfs, which would indicate we are not using the native
>Gluster
>integration.  However, the latest info I can find seems to indicate
>that
>the gluster integration should be working in latest CentOS builds.
It should start working as soon as a patch is in mainline. It doesn't right now but it will if you use glusterfs as a data store.  There is a recent thread on the ML about it with me as OP.

Joop