[ovirt-users] Info on changing IPA server hostname in oVirt

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Wed Dec 10 17:36:25 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

We may provide a wrapper tool in future, for now we focused about making it work as there were too many issues within the existing implementation. Configuration is one time while problems are within the runtime.

> Previsously I "only" had to run
> engine-manage-domains add --domain=localdomain.local --provider=ipa
> --user=admin
>
> and my configured IPA 3.0 worked without any problem...
>
> Can you detail what would be the structure of files
> under /etc/ovirt-engine/extensions.d/ ?
> Or anyone already configured with IPA and has a working example of files?

it should be even simpler... :)

1. copy recursive /usr/share/ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-ldap/examples/simple to /etc/ovirt-engine

2. edit /etc/ovirt-engine/aaa/ldap1.properties, set vars.server, vars.user, vars.password to meet your setup, uncomment ipa on top and comment out the openldap.

3. until 3.5.1 you should also edit /etc/ovirt-engine/extensions.d/*.properties and replace ../aaa with /etc/ovirt-engine/aaa

Alon