[ovirt-users] Don't start vm

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Thu Dec 11 09:46:28 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Do you mean - start vm fail with error about missing lv?

> 8. seek it disk - #lsblk

Can you share the output of lsblk both before and after you stop the vm?

> 9. many command with block 253:20

Not sure what do you mean by that

> (kpartx -l /dev/ ..,kpartx -a /dev

You should not use kpartx on vdsm volumes, the host does not care about
partitions in the volumes. Only the guest should access them.

> ..,lvm pvscan , lvm vgchange -a y , ...)

On CentOS 7 (and Fedora), lvm is using now lvmetad daemon to cache lvm
meta data. Unless you refresh the cache or disable usage of the daemon,
lvm commands may return stale data.

To refresh the cache, you can do:

    pvscan --cache

Before running commands such as lvs, vgs or pvs

To disable usage of lvmetad (this is how vdsm operates):

    lvs --config "global {use_lvmetad=0}"

Note: do *not* activate all lvs using "vgchange -a y"
Only vdsm should activate its volumes.

> 10. mount finded  lvm in lvm volume and save data

Mount? how mount is related to lvm?

> 12. reboot all vdsm host
> 13. dont't find ID it disk! ID it disk changed!

Please share output of lvs both before and after the vm is stopped.

Nir