[ovirt-users] oVirt bonding mode4 + cisco 2960 XR

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 10:14:17 UTC 2014

Il 14/Dic/2014 09:56 "Lior Vernia" <lvernia at redhat.com> ha scritto:

> Hello Alexey,
>
> I'm not a switch guy, but I think the Cisco "keyword" for bond mode 4 is
> LACP - you should probably Google that with respect to your specific
> switch or look for it in the manual.
>
> Or maybe someone more knowledgeable from the community would be able to
> help...
>
> Yours, Lior.
>
> On 10/12/14 09:20, Алексей Николаев wrote:
> > Hi, community!
> >
> > I have made bond0 mode4 (eth0+eth1+eth2+eth3) by oVirt portal. It's work
> > well on CentOS 7 node.
> >
> > How I can setup my cisco 2960 XR switch for work with this bond0 for
> > loadbalancing + aggregation (802.3ad)?

I'm far from an expert too, but here you are talking about what cisco calls
etherchannel and that can use pagp, lacp protocols or none control protocol.
Start here for example:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960xr/software/15-0_2_EX1/layer2/configuration_guide/b_lay2_152ex1_2960-xr_cg/b_lay2_152ex1_2960-xr_cg_chapter_0101.html

Also this thread on cisco learning is interesting and useful for
configuring:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/43543