[ovirt-users] [RFI] Fedora 21 support on oVirt 3.5.z

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 12:30:05 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> We have proposed Fedora 21 support as oVirt 3.6.0 new feature.
> oVirt 3.5.z is now in maintenance phase so no new features should be added.
> Supporting Fedora 21 is not just re-building everything on Fedora 21, it
> requires changes in several packages.
> My question is, is there community interest in having Fedora 21 support
> for oVirt 3.5.z while still having Fedora 20 as actively supported
> distribution?

Back in May (see http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2014-May/024004.html
and following answers) we talked about Fedora Server and that Fedora 21
Server would have been a preview of that...

Now that it is out officially, it would be nice to see if oVirt
Hypervisor/Engine could become sort of Server Roles, as stated at
https://getfedora.org/en/server/

"
Server Roles and Rolekit
There's no need to set up your server from scratch when you use server
roles. Server roles plug into your Fedora Server system, providing a
well-integrated service on top of the Fedora Server platform. Deploy and
manage these prepared roles simply using the Rolekit tool.
"

Gianluca