[ovirt-users] Installtion fail for Ovirt engine in CentOS 6.5

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Mon Dec 15 19:58:17 UTC 2014

You chose automatic database configuration, setup fails trying to stop postgresql service.

2014-12-15 11:41:17 DEBUG otopi.plugins.otopi.services.rhel plugin.execute:861 execute-output: ('/sbin/service', 'postgresql', 'stop') stdout:
Stopping postgresql service: [FAILED]

I do not see why in the log.

Can you please checkout /var/log/messages or /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_log

If you do not need anything of postgresql you can revert to initial state and retry.
1. service stop postgresql
2. rm -fr /var/lib/pgsql/data
3. engine-setup