[ovirt-users] Creating new users on oVirt 3.5

Finstrle, Ludek lfinstrle at netsuite.com
Tue Dec 16 08:23:57 UTC 2014

Fedele Stabile píše v Po 15. 12. 2014 v 18:05 +0000:
> Hello,
> I have to create some users on my oVirt 3.5 infrastructure.
> On FridayI  was following istructions on http://www.ovirt.org/LDAP_Quick_Start
> LDAP Quick Start
> so I correctly created a OpenLDAP server and a Kerberos service, but
> this morning I read that the instructions are obsolete...
> Now I'm trying to understand how to implement the new mechanism... but I'm
> in troubles:
> 1) run yum install ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-ldap
> 2) copied files in /etc/ovirt-engine/extensions.d and modified the name in
> fis.unical.it-auth(n/z).properties
> 3) copied files in /etc/ovirt-engine/aaa
> but now I can't do anything
>
> Can you help me with newbye instructions to install the aaa-extensions?
> Thank you very much
> Fedele Stabile

  please send your config files (feel free to mask the password).

Update:
  /usr/share/ovirt-engine/services/ovirt-engine/ovirt-engine.xml.in

Make sure handle level name is ALL for ENGINE:
---
      <file-handler name="ENGINE" autoflush="true">
        <level name="ALL"/>
---

Add the following before the <root-logger> line:
---
      <logger category="org.ovirt.engineextensions.aaa.ldap">
        <level name="ALL"/>
      </logger>
---

Flush the engine log (e.g.: > /var/log/ovirt-engine/engine.log)
Restart the engine and send the engine.log, this way we can see what
happening during initialization.

Cheers,

Luf

NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information of NetSuite Inc. and is for the sole use of the intended recipient for the stated purpose. Any improper use or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender; do not review, copy or distribute; and promptly delete or destroy all transmitted information. Please note that all communications and information transmitted through this email system may be monitored by NetSuite or its agents and that all incoming email is automatically scanned by a third party spam and filtering service