[ovirt-users] NUMA and non-NUMA nodes and migration

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Tue Dec 16 21:59:02 UTC 2014

So, new problem (I'm good at breaking things I guess?).  Same setup,
CentOS 7 + oVirt 3.5.0.

Some of my nodes have 2 four-core CPUs, and some have 1 eight-core CPU
(same number of available cores); all Intel Xeons of Nehalem or newer
type.  The systems with 2 CPUs apparently have NUMA support, although I
haven't configured anything related to it.

The problem: I am unable to live migrate a VM from a node with NUMA to a
node without NUMA (haven't tried the other direction).  I get messages
like:

Dec 16 15:36:05 node8 journal: internal error: Process exited prior to exec: libvirt:  error : internal error: NUMA node 1 is out of range

I see this mentioned in RHBZ 1147644, but it doesn't have a clear
resolution to this issue there (multiple issues came up in the same
ticket).  Is this something that is supposed to be fixed already, will
be fixed in 3.5.1 (or later release), or has fallen through the cracks?

--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>